Monday, February 19, 2018

20 years old never looked so Ecuadorian!

Yeah yeah yeah I’m Old-ish I get it... thanks to everyone for reminding me that... but just to let you all know, I’m still a 10 year old kid at heart.
Anyways this week was awesome and FLEW by!! So lots happened I guess I’ll go by day:
Miercoles. We finally got out of the house and into the street to teach. But as you already know it was a half p-day after all of our studies so we didn’t end up doing much. But it felt soooo great getting out of the house and back to preaching the gospel! And yes I did celebrate Valentines Day by buying a pineapple and chupe la piña!! (Only some of you will understand that reference ;)

Thursday: MY CAKE DAY WAS JUST THAT!! A DAY OF CAKE!!!! I had 4 different families give me a cake for my birthday and then the Zone leaders surprised me with a birthday watermelon with candles ha-ha!! (They asked me what I wanted to eat for my birthday and I just decided you cant beat a good ol birthday watermelon) I got to celebrate my birthday with several families and converts and the bishop and couldn’t have been happier to celebrate doing the Lords work!

Friday: my district (of 10 missionaries and 6 of them are sisters....) decided to go clutch and made me "papa a la huancaina" ohhh baby I love that goodness!! If you haven’t tried it I strongly suggest getting on the next plane to Peru to go get yourself some!!!

Saturday: we had a super long Multi Zone conference, which lasted 7 hours!! We were spiritual fed by our President Moreno and his wife for hours and then we were physically fed dinner and went to work! We were super inspired to have the Divine Companionship of the Holy Ghost with us in every hour of every day. Man I learned sooo many things and have really been trying my hardest to apply them in my life! Who knew you could have the Spirit with you as you jogged or worked out in the morning?? We ended the night celebrating my birthday with another family of converts/investigators and ended up placing 2 baptismal dates with the parents and they are super excited!!!

Sunday: well I have spent almost 5 months here in Machala, diesiocho de octubre ward and I was assuming I would be having transfers this upcoming week..... But no one called me and told me... so I got extremely excited and figured that I would be staying even longer! WRONG. I got a call at 4:30 pm on Sunday and learned that I would be going to Guayaquil again serving in sector Los Rios, of the Huancavilca Zone! 
But tbh I was kind of upset and super bummed that I would be leaving the sector... and worst of all I had almost no time to say goodbye to the 9 converts that the Lord has blessed me with!! I spent the whole afternoon trying to say goodbye to them and the ward and the other 4 investigators who will be baptized next week... and of course as luck would have it there was a stake meeting tonight so none of the converts were there... 
But as you all know I only look on the bright side of things so I knew that I would be coming back in December with the family so it didn’t get to me. HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK: ANDRES AVILA GOT CALLED TO BE ELDERS QUORUM PRESIDENTE (and he’s only been a member of the church for less than 3 months!!)

Monday: long and early bus ride back to the good old hot and wet Guayaquil!  My new companion is Elder Santa Cruz (holy cross) and he is from Quito, Ecuador!! He is my 15th companion in the mission and broke the tie of 7 North Americans and 7 Latino compañeros! (Now its 8)
Besides being dead tired from late night surprise packing and a long early bus ride there’s not too much to write about... 

Just wanted to end by saying thank you to all of you who sent me happy birthday wishes!! It meant the world to me!!

Ps. want to know why I’m so happy all the time?? Read Mosiah 2:41 and you’ll find out!!
Chao!

Familia Cabrera knows how to throw a party for elder Stidham ha-ha!! And yes they found my name by stalking me on Facebook ha-ha


Celebrating our last district meeting! Even though 2 of them weren’t there.
 

Idk where I’m looking but this is the only good pic of celebrating with the bishop....

No comments:

Post a Comment