Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Locked up for Carnival + Día del Amor

So if you’re wondering what Carnival is like down here in South America... I am too!! Because they lock us up inside for 4 days and don’t let us leave..... Obviously they know I’d probably end up at some pool party if they didn’t lock us up so maybe they are doing a good thing keeping us inside (but tbh I defiantly would have baptized like crazy in that pool party if they would let me out ;)


So yeah cabin fever is a real thing and I starting going crazy at the end of it but hey, all is well, and we had some good times and laughs!

So want to hear what I/we did?? Of course ya do!
So Saturday night we decided to go all out and attack the Missionaries upstairs (we live in the same building but on different levels) anyways we went upstairs and attacked them with the traditional foam/shaving cream can they always use here and we got it everywhere haha!!! Then we went down stairs to get some food and stuff one of my converts brought over, and guess what, they gave us another Bigger can of the foam/shaving cream can-gun thing!! haha we went back up for round two and the other missionaries weren’t expecting it at all haha!!! 
(Plus they had just cleaned up and showered so that made it even better haha!!) So after round 2 of blasting them we decided to call for pizza and when we brought the pizza back up Elder Kreft decided to "get us back" and they attacked us with eggs and broke a few against my defenseless head (I had pizza in my hands) as any former wrestler would do, I tackled him down and rubbed my egg-covered head all over him and he had to go shower for the 3rd time that night ha-ha!!!

Sunday we spent all day studying the gospel and keeping the Sabbath day holy like good little Mormon boys do.

Monday and Tuesday we spent most of the day studying as well because that really is my favorite thing to do now! And we also spent some good quality time in the kitchen cooking a feast!! We made chicken Alfredo, mashed potatoes, bacon, Asian beef and broccoli, lots of pasta, salads and veggies of course (AND NO RICE!!)


Hope you all have a great valentines day!! (El Día del Amor) and don’t forget to send your favorite Missionaries some love ;)

And yes it is MY LAST DAY OF BEING 19 YEARS OLD..... Tomorrow I will be celebrating the historic event of becoming a man! *Hopefully* 

Love you all and pray that you can choose to be happy this day!! (Even if you are single ;)


1.the foam/ shaving cream can-gun thing
2. Normally here is a giant dirt soccer field... during the rain season it becomes a lake jaja
3. I made some bomb salads this week!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment