Monday, August 28, 2017

Searching for the breaks....#1YEAR

Ojala que su semana fue mas tranquilo que mio.... pero como están??

Man what a crazy week!! There is just so much that happened that made it seem like an eternity and just a few hours at the same time... 

BUT HEY I COMPLEATED 1 YEAR!!! 

Sorry about that.... *I blame using crazy computers in Ecuadorian cybers

But anyway last Wednesday marked the craziest and most fulfilling 365 days of my life!! I have learned more things that I ever thought possible in such a short amount of time! Reflecting back on who I was a year ago, its made me realize how much happier I am as a person now, especially with how much closer to the Savior I’ve gotten. Man it has not been an easy year by any means, but at the same time is has been more rewarding than I ever imagined it would have been!! Through all the sickness and nights spent in hospitals I’ve really had to learn to rely on the Lord and trust in His timing over my own. I have had so many personal battles raging within me and it’s been an incredible experience to be humbled so many times. 
I have fallen in love with the people of this country and there is nowhere I would rather be on earth! I wake up SO HAPPY EVERY DAY HERE!!! I love those long days of work and service when I get to come home exhausted, throw my head down on my pillow and just know that I gave it my all today. There really is nothing better than we could ever do than to be serving others. Christ was such a perfect example of that, on my mission I really learned that Christ MUST have been the HAPPIEST person to ever live!! Not just because he was clean from sin, but also because he literally served others all day every day. 
To be honest I’m not going to act like I’ve changed profoundly or anything, I’m still the same (more or less) skinny, white kid that left on a mission a year ago, but I really have grown a lot here. I love others more and more each day, seeing others happy by accepting this Gospel in their lives is really what motivates me to keep going each day. So yeah that’s kind of why I’m so sad to think about having only 1 year left to keep serving as a Missionary.
But who’s got time to count down the days when there’s too much work to be done right?!

Speaking of missionary work, we have a baptism coming up this Saturday and I couldn’t be more excited!! Marco Barboza is finally getting dunked!! It’s been a long battle but his family is finally accepting his decision to be baptized and I pray that they can come watch it and feel the spirit! I appreciate all of you who are praying for us misssionaries, it really means so much and helps more than you know!!

Oh yeah I was explaining why this week was so crazy.... well there were new laws passed in Ecuador this Augusto and man they have been a pain I’m my (how the scriptures describe a donkey). But yeah there was another surprise that I didn’t catch until too late which made several missionaries illegal in the country... so yeah I’ve been working my (donkey) off trying to fix all these problems. Now I’ve got most things organized and I will have to send several missionaries to Peru and Quito this week so that’s a pain. But lots of other missions here in Ecuador had the same problem so we are all helping each other out and the Church itself is kind of stepping in on this one too. 
So yeah it should be a fun week ;)

I love you all and hope that you’re reading the Book of Mormon every day!!

If someone wants to buy me this car for a "happy first year" gift... I wouldn’t be mad ;)

I literally have 3rd degree burns from this stupid freaking tradition!!! But it may or may not have been by fault for dumping a bottle of cleaning alcohol on the shirt....


Shout out to Ryan (Elder) Horton for being the real MVP and hooking a brotha up with some Mt. Dew and Beef Jerky!!!! Two things that sadly don’t exist here but man was it a glorious night!!!

Me and my boo

No comments:

Post a Comment