Monday, February 20, 2017

Celebrating my 19th birthday in the back of Cop car!!!

This week has defiantly been one to remember!!!
I thought that having transfers the week before my birthday would be kinda a bummer cuz I wouldn’t know anyone here. But this Branch is seriously already family and I could not be happier to be here with them! Like half the branch got together this Wednesday to celebrate my birthday. Which was a surprise party that I did not see coming at all! My comp is a stud and organized everything without me even knowing a thing... ha-ha I thought no one knew that it was my birthday and I was just like "oh well, I’m just glad that I have this day to work and be a missionary" but everyone gave a short speech about something funny I’ve done here or a memory we have had together! I cannot describe how awesome this family of mine is here in Ecuador!! Just wanted to thank everyone for the birthday wishes!! They mean a lot!!
 



Also one of the assistants came down for our District meeting and he brought a cake and the whole zone celebrated with me, which was super cool! 

 

Oh yeah the whole cop car thing!! So we were celebrating and having a good time last Wednesday night but didn’t realize what time it was. It was about 8:55 and as missionaries here we have to be in the house at 9:00 with no exceptions. So yeah we were sprinting home when the cops pulled us over because they thought we got robbed or something. We told them our story and they gave us a "fast and furious" style ride to the house!!

I had an companion exchange (I think that’s what its called in English at least) this week with Elder Beech, lets just say I wasn’t too mature that day... try to imagine someone saying that last name with a thick Latin accent jaja!!

Well I’m gonna be locked up in the house for 4 days this week thanks to CARNAVAL so wish me luck of not going crazy in the house! I will be writing next Wednesday just an FYI.

Hope you all enjoyed Single Awareness Day on Tuesday!!
--


Elder Stidham

No comments:

Post a Comment