Monday, February 6, 2017

6 MONTHS!!! 6 BAPTISMS!!! 6 COMPANIONS!!!

Yeah I realize that’s 666 but all is well!!

Quote of the week: The spirit is like a 22 Caliber.
My converso decided to share his testimony this week in church and he was telling a story about how a few days ago people were super angry with him and were threatening him with knives and ganging up on him. (He is a lawyer and apparently wasn’t making friends) but he wasn’t scared at all because he had his 22. Cal with him in his back pocket. But none of the thugs knew this and they were super confused why he wasn’t scared. Eventually they became scared and left him alone. But he bore his testimony on how the spirit was actually protecting him and helping him remain calm, and then he decided to finish with "I know that God loves us and protects us with His spirit, just like a 22 caliber protects us"

So this week has been insanely on the edge but ended very well!! We had a baptism this Saturday and another on Sunday!! But the coolest part was that my Mission President came down to visit us and he confirmed the Holy Ghost to Marina, and wow it was a powerful blessing!! But then he himself baptized our other convert Sezar! Which is the first time our mission pres. baptized someone during his mission! Sezar is a really cool guy that lived in the U.S. for 9 years, so we always like to talk and joke in English, which is super fun! Plus he is dating the daughter of the Branch President and has plans to marry her in the next month or so! So yeah I’m extremely happy about that! But last night he was asking me a lot about the Temple and Eternal Marriage, he told me that is something he would like to prepare himself for!!!! So there is a possibility that I can go through the temple with him in one year if that is still his plan!!!
 


Basically my entire Zone got changes this last weekend, which is fun, and all but at the same time I am very sad to leave.... I am getting changed to Santa Rosa, Sur Rama 3. Which my (old) companion told me was his absolute favorite sector in his entire mission! I have been here only a couple hours and it seems pretty cool. It is another small branch but I have heard that it is super powerful and growing quickly! Our house is pretty small and there is no furniture besides 3 tables to study on, 2 beds, and an ironing board. But at least I finally have a real shower!! 

Last night was my last night in Naranjal and that was super hard to leave like I said, a few families were balling when we left their homes for the last time... I guess I just never really realized how much we as missionary’s impact the lives of those we teach. I can’t lie, I didn’t want to leave at all but I am extremely grateful for the time I had with them! Last night we celebrated the birthday of Elder McAdams! But a few members knew that my birthday is next week so we celebrated mine too, it was a super fun night and was great to get away from all the goodbyes.







Also, Shout out to my Super Young Momma Bear, Happy Late-ish Birthday!! (It’s on time for a missionary ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment