Monday, October 17, 2016

Almost The Perfect Week!

This week has been so much better I cant believe that it’s actually the same place!! I can understand so much more of what everyone says. I finally clicked that it’s the way they end words that’s been throwing me off so much. They say a lot of ismo and ito at the end of every word. Defiantly not what they did in Mexico, or at least the CCM.

Haha so one funny thing is that I get called a gringo every day here, which only means white person but I’m not sure if its an insult or not, I don’t think so but still... in honesty, besides missionaries, I have seen exactly 0 other white people here which is kind of cool actually. The people here don’t have much but what they do have they give and share with everyone. I feel so bad taking anything from them but all they other elders just love it. I understand it’s rude to refuse these gifts and they will be blessed because of their charity, but I still feel guilty. We truly are so blessed to live where we do. APPRECIATE your clean water!! But I’m loving everything about this country. 

There are animals everywhere here haha. Like I kid you not, one member has 3 pigs living IN his house. There are dogs and cats and chickens everywhere. Cows and horses are also pretty common. We find a couple lizards in the church building every week and some bats. Goats are often in peoples "back yards". And honestly I love it; it’s so funny to me that they are everywhere. In the states everyone has some kind of pet, but you cant see them on the streets. 

Gym time here is so nice, we get up super early every day and go work out or play basketball, just "basket" here. I have gained 15 pounds since the start of the mission, but on the bright side its mostly muscle.

I thought I would lose a lot of weight here but turns out that you can buy bread and cookies for like 10 or 15 cents, which doesn’t help.

Life is good and every day is going by faster and faster. 


Lo siento sobre las picturas, I will try to fix the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment