Monday, January 30, 2017

The most hectic week of my life

To start off I’m sure most of you have heard about all the new changes and rules that the first presidency is about to put out, well yeah my mission is about to change a lot soon and everyone is super excited and anxious to see how its all going to turn out. Some of the changes were to the schedule itself, like how they created a new schedule for Latin America, and by the looks of it, I’m going to have a lot more freedom! Plus we get 2 more hours of P-Day each week, which I’m super, pumped about!!

The last month my Branch has been planning a trip to the temple. Which I had no idea how much I took for granted how incredibly blessed we are to have so many temples in the states, let alone Utah!! But yeah it was a TON  of work and like great teenage missionaries we waited until the last minute to do everything... so yeah this last week has been INSAINLY difficult preparing everything, teaching all the temple prep classes, preparing a family to get sealed and much much more. But yeah I cannot testify enough how fruitful our labors have been!!! Waking up at 2:00 am to chase every member down, wake them up and put them all on a bus for 2:30 hours was worth every complaint we held back. Watching this family get sealed and getting to confirm the Holy Ghost for the father of Manuel (my half Doctor, half Lawyer recent convert that I baptized) was an incredible experience!! I also got to spend the entire day with the assistances (they are super cool and were pretty tight, which is very unusual for them to be "friends" with anyone. they kind of got to act tough or at least a strong leader at all times or something like that)



We are preparing for 2 bautismos this weekend and I could not be more excited for them!! Plus we received permission to go to a waterfall for this baptism so I’m really hopping this will end up being an unforgettable event!!

Funny story of the week!
Ok so me and my companion were teaching this girl named Marina (shout out to Kyson Hancey) who is 22 years old. And so is my companion who finishes his mission this week.... but yeah we are helping her prepare to be baptized this Saturday and were teaching the Law of Chastity. Anyway were finishing the lesson and committing here to keep this commandment and wait until marriage to... hold hands... and yeah everything went well with the lesson. But after we cooked dinner with her family (all of them are investigators progressing which is super exciting!) and were eating when my companion said "what are your plans for this Saturday? cu we have a big announcement to make" (the family did not know about her decision to be baptized) Right away the dad began to yell "YOU TWO ARE GETTING MARRIED??" HAHA  he totally heard our lesson and just assumed that my companion was going to propose or something after his mission hahah!!! I bug him about it every day now haha, but seriously the dad was so sad when he realized they weren’t getting married hahahah!



Hope you all have a great week!
Congrats to Addy on the mission call!!

No comments:

Post a Comment