Monday, December 12, 2016

Traning a newbie as a newbie + baptism + wedding

So first off I thought I’d explain that my mission decided to change our writing rule to only 30 minutes a week. But it’s ok because I have faith in my mission President and trust in his decisions and revelation. However I may not have time to write many people back or this weekly email sometimes. I am very sorry about this but I would still love to hear from all of you and get your letters!!

Anyways this week has been awesome!! First highlight is that I am stuck being trained right now and there is another guy who has less time than me in our zone. Well our 2 companions got called to Guayaquil this week and they left us together.  Normally this is no big deal but we were the only 2 elders in the entire sector and I was made senior companion basically!!  Haha  usually when something rare like this happens they just have the new missionaries stay in the house and study all day. But President said that he trusted me enough to go out and work and teach. Oh man that was an interesting time.... haha like I’m not bad at Spanish but I am in no way a perfect teacher.

Second is that we had another baptism this Sunday!! His name is Machuka and he’s been like my best friend here for the last 2 months, which has been super fun!
 
Third is that we finally had our investigator’s wedding today!!! Oh my gosh it was such a cool experience and I’m so glad we got to help her obey Gods commandments and prepare herself for her baptism this week!
 
Love you all tons and hope you are enjoying Christmas and doing lots of service!!

To my Mom:
I decided to write letters by hand and take pictures to save time but I am having problems with the pictures. Tell me if you can read it when I send it! And I though that I’d let ya know that my companion is coming home this week and has his homecoming talk this Sunday if you want to go!! He lives like 30 minutes away in Highland. He is super fun and I’ve loved my time with him. I will be sending home letters and   a tie or two for you guys as gifts! Hope you can read the letter and meet my companion this week!!!!
 
I write from a Cyber Computer joint that charges me by the minute. 

Our Branch is too small to have a building so we rent out this garage looking storehouse.  We average 70-80 members a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment