Monday, June 18, 2018

Are you a Potato or an Egg?

Does that title make any sense at all?? NO! Unless you read this question that my bro Elder Withers shared with me this fine morning: 
"The same boiling water that hardens the egg softens the potato, it's about what your made of, not your circumstances" 

So that kind of struck me today because we have been seeing a lot of miracles lately and we thought that tons of investigators were progressing really well... but turns out that not everyone is strong enough to hold onto the gospel. We have been working incredibly diligently these last 5 weeks and haven’t seen much success as in terms of baptisms which is strange to me because usually we should have had several from how hard we are working and how much the ward is doing to help... but the Lord has a purpose for all things. 
We had 8 investigators who had attended church, felt the spirit, and accepted baptismal dates decide to stop investigating the church.... that’s kind of rough for one week.... but at the same time we have been very blessed and guided to several others who I believe will be baptized over the next few weeks so I’m still as happy and positive as ever!!

So let me tell ya about one miracle we had this week!!
There is a non-member couple who have a son currently serving a mission. And this mother and father never wanted to hear a word from the missionaries and love to drink and sell alcohol... well a week ago on Sunday this missionaries mom showed up at church and I got to meet her! Elsa (yes just like in frozen) sells empanadas for her job and invited us over last Thursday. We get there and start talking to her husband who also never wanted to listen to the missionaries either. But the Lord prepares his children!! We started small talk with him and talked about sports for a bit (the world cup lol) and then offered our service. He gladly accepted because they are going to move houses and wanted help clearing the land and prepping it. 
After our service we were eating empanadas again and Hno Rene asks me what do we know and believe about death? We got excited and told him a brief explanation of the Plan of Salvation and asked if we could come back another day to share more! He accepted and is progressing slowly but surly!! 


OH, AND HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO THE BEST PAPÁ EN EL MUNDO!! LOVE YA DAD!! 


Not sure what else to add besides that we had a ward activity and our lesson was on the Restoration of the Gospel. We decided to make hand-made cut out puzzles and then take 1 piece of each puzzle so they couldn’t finish them.  We related the puzzle to the gospel of Christ and that no one had the entire puzzle and that everyone was confused and frustrated without the Fullness of the Gospel. We watched Joseph Smith’s first vision and then ended with some games and food! It was a bomb activity and we have another one coming up this week!
Love you all and thanks for the support!!


1 Corinthians 13:1-3 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment