Monday, March 12, 2018

What are you going to offer up unto the Lord today??

Tuesday: we were so blessed to have a long interview with our mission president individually and I learned so much!!  My favorite thing about my mission president is how fun he is and at the same time how powerfully he invites the spirit! Its defiantly one of the greatest lessons I’ve been trying to learn and master here in the mission field!! Learning how I can stay happy and always break a joke, but at the same time, having the divine companionship of the Holy Ghost with me!
Wednesday: we had a super long zone conference that lasted 9 hours and we only talked about Planning..... Nothing else. Just daily and weekly planning. But we really did learn a lot and I clearly understand that the way I WAS planning is not the Lords way. But we made the changes and are seeing the fruits come fast!!
Friday: Baptism!! We had Nallely Cedeños baptism and it was awesome! We are starting to get through a bit more to her family and during her baptism she straight up invited them to all get baptized as she gave her testimony!!! Man I’m excited to see how much she can grow in the Gospel!
Saturday: Capilla Abierta. We held a special event in one of the zones churches and spent all day inviting everyone and anyone to enter and get to know the Mormon Church and what we do. Every organization had a special room decorated and set up so that we could take the investigators on a tour of the chapel. As missionaries we got to do the contacting and I was but in the baptismal font room to invite others to be baptized like Christ did!
Sunday: I got really really sick and didn’t do anything all day....
 

James 1:2-4
2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; (joseph smith taught us that this means many afflictions)
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
I really liked this scripture this week because I got a little frustrated with always being sick here in Ecuador and this helped me a lot. Sometimes I just got to have patience in my "many afflictions" and keep going every day with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment