Monday, January 8, 2018

"these sisters are moving slower than a turtle with a wedgie"

BEST P-DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my zone leaders got permission to go to the BEACH for P-Day!!!! That is unheard of in my mission!!! (We almost never get permission to do stuff on P-Day, but that’s ok because I came to serve and preach not to vacation) but anyway we were literally freaking out all day with how excited we were to go! We went to a beach called "BajoAlto" which means, ShotTall. But man it was awesome to go have some fun and take tons of picks!!!We spent almost all day in the sand and the sun having fun messing around!

So as to explain the title, we (me and my two white zone leaders) have started saying the most random and creative phrases to describe things haha!! It’s actually a really fun game tbh!! Some examples “its hotter than a baboons but on a frying pan" "you machete softer than an armless Canadian lumberjack" ""


Another highlight of the week is that WE HAD 2 BAPTISUMS!!! That was pretty dang awesome too because we have been working with this family for a few months now and they have been progressing a lot!! We tried getting Xavier (my recent convert 2 months ago) to baptize his brothers but he told us that he didn’t feel ready yet. Man we really tried to get him excited about it but he promised that he will baptize his mom in a few weeks! 
The father and mother didn’t get baptized this week because it was New Years and he kind of gave in to his friend’s pressure and drank. But I have faith that he will be able to overcome his addiction and be able to be baptized with his wife this month!! 

Other Highlight: we had 11 investigators at church this Sunday!!! Because of new years we changed our wards schedule and no longer attend church at 8:00am!! Hallelujah!!! 
Within the month of January we have 6 other investigators who have been progressing and are going to be baptized so get ready for lots of baptismal photos!!

President Monson has been an incredible example and guide for me over the last 10 years and I’m sad to here that He is no longer serving among us. But at the same time I am very happy for him to be able to return to his beloved wife and rest from his mortal afflictions. He will be forever remembered in my life and as a missionary I have dedicated the last 7 months to work much harder in honor of his great legacy.

1. Mission dream completed!!
2. I’m a momma’s boy

3. I think this pic is pretty awesome!
 

*I’m having camera/virus problems so I’m not sure if ill be able to send all the beach picks but with faith nothing is impossible

How is your 2018 going?? I love hearing from you and let me know if you have any questions or funny memories/experiences of 2017!!


No comments:

Post a Comment