Monday, January 22, 2018

Baptisum and a birthday!! #WeBaptizedWillSmith Fotos del Bautismo y el cumpleaños de me Compañero!

Obviously the highlight was our baptism with my great friend Kevin Garces!! I have had the great opportunity to teach and work with Kevin for over 4 months now and he has finally taken a leap of faith and decided to be baptized this week! Man it has been so incredible to get to know him and become such great friends!! 
Satan attacked Kevin severely over the last few weeks and we’ve tried our best to help him over come all of his many problems. But let me tell ya people, if I haven’t said it enough, ill say it again; the Power of Fasting is REAL!!!!!! And I have been able to witness it time and time again here in Ecuador, and of course Kevin had many miracles pass this last week!
His baptism was absolutely incredible and the ward treated him so well!! Kevin asked the bishop to baptize him and we were thrilled about that!!!! The only down side was that his family didn’t show up to support him. But the Lord works in mysterious ways and I’m excited to continue working with them until I see them in a white baptismal jumpsuit!!
One funny part of the baptism was when Kevin went under the water ha-ha!! So Kevin loves lifting weights more than anything else! He just spends all the extra time he has lifting and because of that his is Ripped! He also weighs like 225lbs (even though he doesn’t look it) and was like a solid rock when he went under the water and the bishop had a really hard time getting him out of the water even though he’s a big guy too!!

We celebrated my compañeros birthday this week several times with a few families and it was awesome to though a few surprises together for him!! He turns 21 on Saturday!

Well not sure what else happened this week but we are looking forward to another baptism on Saturday so I’m pumped to have another glorious week in the mission field!


Love all you funny Utahans!! Let me know if you have any questions! I love hearing from you all!



1-4: Familia Cabrera gave me a late Christmas gift!!!!!
5. Family home evening with some new investigators!!
6. My bishop’s wife is an artist!
7. Compas birthday!
8.Kevin’s baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Celebrating my companion’s birthday and our baptism at the same time!     
Ps. Kevin is freaking Buff if you can’t tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment