Monday, April 10, 2017

Seeing Miracles Through The Trials


First off I just gotta give a Shout out to the Parkway 9th ward for being THE BEST WARD IN THE WORLD!!!!!! I cannot express how grateful I am to each and every one of you for fasting and praying for me these last months and epically this last week! For those of you who don’t know I have been extremely sick the last few weeks/months. But through the Prayers and Help from a Loving Heavenly Father I have finally began to get better!
One reason I have chosen this title is because I am still fighting these illness. And how I’ve been tried. But I cannot thank my Heavenly Father enough for these trials, I have become so much more in tune to the Spirit and have had to learn to trust in the Lords Timing. This last Saturday we were walking around and Teaching the Gospel like we always do as missionaries, and as many of you know the importance of Working on Saturdays I wanted nothing more than to visit my investigators so that they could be reminded/excited to Attend Church the following day. Anyway it was still early and I just couldn’t take another step, holding back tears I sat down on the curb and Prayed (or more like begged) for Strength to keep on going. My companion sat down at my side and we decided that we needed to go back to the house or Id only get worse... but just then some lady that I have never meet before sat down next to us and said to me in English "You guys are missionaries right? Is there something wrong?" I wasn’t sure if I was more surprised by a stranger sitting down next to me or that she spoke in English.... but after talking to her for a while we learned that she lived in New York for 33 years and that her Daughter got Baptized a few years back. She then told us that she had wanted to get Baptized too but couldn’t because she wasn’t married to her husband. But after her Husband passed away she had to come back to Ecuador and she told us that she wants to be baptized again!!!! I just felt so overpowered by the Spirit confirming me that the Lord really is with me and that sometimes we do have to step back, take a deep breath, and get our feet under us again. 
But wait the story gets better!! She invited us to come back and start teaching her this week! But we recently learned that Elder D. Todd Christofferson, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is coming down here this Saturday and Sunday!! We will first have a meeting with him as a mission this Saturday and then he will be coming to my Stake for Easter Sunday!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am to finally meet an Apostle! But also for all my investigators to have the chance to hear his message as well!!!
Love you all so much and pray that you all have a great week!

From Zack to his Mom:I’m feeling all right... kinda getting better kinda getting worse. But I’m happy. I gotta go but I love you!!!

From Zack to his Dad: I keep going back and forth on getting better and worse.... like every time Chikungunya gets better, Gastritis gets worse and vise versa.... but I’m happy and I have learned to trust in Gods Timing! I have felt the wards prayers so much this week. I wasn’t sure why but something was different about this week... I was equally sick and sometimes I just couldn’t leave the house I was too weak, but en every moment I could just feel Gods love and the Spirit so powerfully. I knew that He was with me and that many people were praying for me. I can honestly say that I never thought that there was a difference between one prayer or a hundred for the same cause. Oh how I was wrong. I am so grateful for the Amazing ward we have back there in South Jordan!!! Thank you so much for all your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment