Wednesday, September 14, 2016

3 Apostles on week 3

We got to listen to M. Russell Ballard, Quinton L. Cook, and Todd D. Christofferson talk live from Provo! My favorite quote form the talks is "Faith is a reward of obedience. Learn to jump out of bed each morning with excitement and enthusiasm. Saying, "we have one more great day to testify of Jesus Christ!"" haha so now I wake up every morning (to what my companion calls the "scary alarm" it literally wakes up everyone in the building) and yell super loud. I find it hilarious, but some of them don't ðŸ˜… (shout out to Elder Horton for being on TV throughout the world, he was on the live broadcast screen a couple times close up)

So I guess I haven't talked about any of the people here that I already knew. Evan White was here 2 weeks ago and I saw him first day which was so nice seeing someone I knew. Christian Paul is here too but I don't see him much. Brock Dillon just left this week, but I was his zone leader so I got to see and talk to him every day which was super cool. Scott Koch just got here a week ago and he is in my zone too! Its so nice having a friend that I knew before in my zone!

Thought Journal: 
"Whats the reason you came on a mission?" "I just wanted to have sleepovers"
"Wait.... We don't Believe in Polygamy anymore??"
(having a group conversation) "Mexico is like a mix of the U.S. and South America!" "yeah, its kinda like the bridge between the two" (teacher walks over) "what about the wall?" 

I love my teachers so much, they are both natives and one doesn't speak good English which is probably a good thing for our learning but its so had sometimes too. Our week has become mostly a routine thing. We have like 5 hours in the class room in the morning, lunch, gym, 3 more hours of class, dinner, and then 3 more hours of class.  We have fun and all but I never realized how close I am to being ADD, I have the hardest time sitting down for so long.

Teaching investigators is hard in a different language but its actually been the most helpful thing I've done here. They are really just your teachers pretending to be someone they know but we really throw ourselves into preparing the lessons so it almost feels real. My Spanish vocab definitely hit a Plateau this week, but my pronunciation is getting better every day so no complaints here.

OH I don't think I've talked about how much better I've gotten at ping-pong this last week! like you don't understand how bad I sucked when I got here. I guess the Lord blesses you in all areas while in the service ;) we play a ton of ultimate Frisbee here too, which is nice because I  finally have a way to burn out all of the energy I build up throughout the day. 


Sorry for not sharing many pictures.

I

I don't take many... but here is me and Elder Sailors being good missionaries waiting for our time to start while everyone else is writing already.

Les amo!

No comments:

Post a Comment